ShopUW+ will not be available Sunday, December 26 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. CST, so that system updates can be made. The outage is for regularly scheduled system maintenance.December 23, 2021
The Procure-to-Pay Automation project website will be retired on December 20. The P2P website will be redirected to ShopUW+ Essentials for you to get project updates on the Phase 2 Updates page.December 17, 2021
- More News
About Phase 2
The ShopUW+ project is divided into two phases:
- Phase 1 started in fall 2019 and culminated with the launch of ShopwUW+ in April 2021. The goal was to create one systemwide platform to improve processing times and workflows, eliminate paper transactions with electronic forms, and make accounts payable process more efficient and transparent.
- Phase 2 is focused on enhancing ShopUW+. This includes adding business office-facing modules like Contracts+ management, sourcing coordination, supplier management support, spend analytics, and chemical inventory management. This phase will also address other business processes. Phase 2 started in fiscal year 2022 and will be complete by the end of calendar year 2022.
See below for needs, solutions, and benefits outlined at the start of the ShopUW+ project.
- UW System’s multiple automated and paper business processes are not integrated, making purchasing complex and inefficient
- Internal control issues mitigated with manual workarounds would be addressed with better technology and workflow approval
- Audits indicate the need for a contract repository and improved internal controls
- Implement a future state procure-to-pay cloud-based platform
- Integrate the future state P2P solution to Shared Financial System (SFS)/PeopleSoft
- Replace and improve upon current purchasing functionality
- Analyze campus shadow/bolt-on systems for potential replacement or integration
- Create one system–wide supplier file
Improved User Experience
- Guided buying helps users find contracted products and services more efficiently
- Status of requests and payments are visible throughout the lifecycle of the transaction
- Cloud-based electronic workflows make review and approval of requests accessible anytime, anywhere
- Visibility of purchasing and payables documentation facilitates audits and reconciliation
- Approvals are documented and retrievable
- Access to a central contract repository makes it easier to comply with on-contract purchasing
Improved Business Processes
- Streamlined electronic processes reduce confusion and processing time
- Electronic queues make it easier to manage workloads
- Visibility to spend supports better budget management
Share your thoughts
If you have thoughts or questions about Phase 2 of the project, use the “Share Your Thoughts” form. We will share them with the project team.
Sign up for project updates
Phase 2 Resources
Follow Phase 2 Progress
Keep up to date with Phase 2 to see changes are planned for different modules/business processes and when the changes will occur.
Phase 2 Project Team
Learn more about the people involved in the Phase 2 Update Process, including specific process teams.
Assistance Using ShopUW+
We are working to resolve accessibility barriers in ShopUW+. To learn about the accessibility and usability of ShopUW+, go to ShopUW+ – Accessibility and Usability Information KB.
If you need accessibility assistance, want to report an accessibility barrier, or if you are having difficulty using ShopUW+ or any of the training materials, email email@example.com