The ChemManager+ module ties a robust chemical tracking system with an enhanced purchasing tool to aid in safety and risk mitigation. This tool for managing chemicals–used by research, instructional, safety and risk staff–integrates with ShopUW+.
In March 2022, the ChemManager+ Project Team began design and configuration. In June and July, the team engaged end-users in testing. The module was deployed August 22 at UW-Milwaukee (4 pilot departments), UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Oshkosh as part of the Wave 1 project installation.
November 7, 2022 is the next go-live wave of comprehensives launching ChemManager+. This wave includes UW-Green Bay, UW-River Falls, and UW-Stout. The project team has been working with the campus leads in preparing the campus for go-live.
The final wave of comprehensives is scheduled to go-live on January 30, 2023. This includes UW-Eau Claire, UW-La Crosse, UW-Platteville, UW-Parkside, UW-Superior, and UW-Whitewater. Kickoff sessions with the designated campus leads will take place before the end of October 2022.
This new tool will help us better manage our chemical inventory from purchase to disposal. ChemManager+ provides critically needed functionality to support the work of research, instructional, safety and risk staff by allowing users to:
- Determine what chemicals are available in the lab
- Track and manage inventory at the location/container level
- Have an automated calculation of default expiration dates for listed materials
- Sort chemicals by hazards for safety and compliance with applicable safety regulations and building codes
- Use barcodes and scanner technology to facilitate labeling, tracking and reconciliation
- Readily access safety data sheets
- Search by supplier catalogs, available inventory, and chemical structure simultaneously
- Research community
- Teaching & instructional community
- Environment, Health & Safety staff
- ShopUW+ System support staff
- Risk Management
- Purchasing Agents/Buyers
Deployment target dates
- Wave 1: August – October 2022 — Milwaukee, Stevens Point, Oshkosh, Madison (8 pilot labs only), River Falls, Green Bay, Stout
- Wave 2: November 2022 – January 2023 — Eau Claire, Superior, La Crosse, Platteville, Whitewater, Parkside
Assistance using ShopUW+
We are currently working to resolve accessibility barriers in ShopUW+. To learn about the accessibility and usability of ShopUW+, go to ShopUW+ — Accessibility and Usability Information KB.
If you need accessibility assistance, want to report an accessibility barrier, or if you are having difficulty using ShopUW+ or any of the training materials, email email@example.com.