As a reminder, our software vendor releases system updates several times each year. We are given a very small window to discover, test and provide information to you. There will be an outage prior to …
ShopUW+ will not be available from the evening of Friday, July 23, to the morning of Sunday, July 25, because of system updates that will be made. Learn more about the System Updates.
Updated information is in italics: On Saturday, July 17, new ShopUW+ approval reminder functionality will be turned on. These reminder emails will prompt ShopUW+ workflow Approvers who have approvals in queue for more than seven …
Our software vendor releases system updates several times each year. We are given a very small window to discover, test and provide information to you. There will be an outage prior to each release. The …
As of June 25, you will be instructed to use the attachments tab on the requisition wizard form instead of the file uploads in most places (e.g. sole source forms remain on the waiver of …
- More News items
What to Know Before You Begin
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
What’s my role?
Before you begin working in ShopUW+ confirm your role:
- Log in to ShopUW+
- Click the Profile icon
- Click on View My Profile
- From the left column, click on User Roles and Access
- Click on and Assigned Roles to see your role
If you have questions about why you have been assigned your role, please email your Campus Contact. Your training will show how your role interacts with the other roles described below.
- Fill carts for catalog vendors and assign to a Requester
- Initiate a requisition for a traditional PO and assign to a Requester
- Shopper security role automatically assigned to every UW Employee
- Do not need to enter a funding string, but they can attach documents and comments
- Cannot initiate Direct Payments (DPs), Payments to Individuals (PIRs), Refund of Receipts (RORs)
- Perform all of the functions of the Shopper
- Review and submit requisitions and transactions
- Create and submit Direct Payments (DPs), Payments to Individuals (PIRs), Refund of Receipts (RoRs) Verify and finalize accounting and shipping information
- Attach necessary documentation
- Add comments if needed
- Cannot approve their own requisitions or payment requests
- Review requisitions, transactions, and payment requests, returning, rejecting, forwarding, adding comments, and approving as appropriate
- If there is not an approver different from the requester in the workflow, the request will get stuck and must be cleared by an administrator
Do I have to take training before using ShopUW+?
Training is not required. However, completing all of your assigned training courses in order is going to help you understand the platform and help you work confidently in the quickest way possible.
You will learn how to complete common workflows and get answers to your questions as you work through the modules. AND–you will continue to have access to the modules and Quick Reference Guide (Available April 12 in Canvas) for future reference.
I’m ready! Where do I start?
Great! After you review the resources and complete your training, you will be ready for ShopUW+ on April 16. Get started now.
Assistance using ShopUW+
We are working to resolve accessibility barriers in ShopUW+. To learn about the accessibility and usability of ShopUW+, go to ShopUW+ – Accessibility and Usability Information KB.
If you need accessibility assistance, want to report an accessibility barrier, or if you are having difficulty using ShopUW+ or any of the training materials, email firstname.lastname@example.org