What to know before you begin
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
What’s my role?
Confirm your ShopUW+ and ChemManager+ roles before you begin working:
- Log in to ShopUW+
- Click the Profile icon
- Click on View My Profile
- From the left column, click on User Roles and Access
- Click on and Assigned Roles to see your role
If you have questions about why you have been assigned your role, please email your Campus Contact. Your training will show how your role interacts with the other roles described below.
- Fill carts for catalog vendors and assign to a Requester
- Initiate a requisition for a traditional PO and assign to a Requester
- Shopper security role automatically assigned to every UW Employee
- Do not need to enter a funding string, but they can attach documents and comments
- Cannot initiate Direct Payments (DPs), Payments to Individuals (PIRs), Refund of Receipts (RORs)
- Perform all of the functions of the Shopper
- Review and submit requisitions and transactions
- Create and submit Direct Payments (DPs), Payments to Individuals (PIRs), Refund of Receipts (RoRs) Verify and finalize accounting and shipping information
- Attach necessary documentation
- Add comments if needed
- Cannot approve their own requisitions or payment requests
- Review requisitions, transactions, and payment requests, returning, rejecting, forwarding, adding comments, and approving as appropriate
- If there is not an approver different from the requester in the workflow, the request will get stuck and must be cleared by an administrator
Do I have to take training before using ShopUW+?
Training is not required. However, completing all of your recommended training courses in order is going to help you understand the platform and help you work confidently in the quickest way possible.
You will learn how to complete common workflows and get answers to your questions as you work through the modules. You will continue to have access to the modules for future reference.
I’m ready! Where do I start?
Great! After you review the resources and complete your training, you will be ready for ShopUW+. Get started now.
ShopUW+ (Jaggaer) Accessibility and Usability Information
This information summarizes the accessibility and usability barriers identified during testing as well as how to get help.
ShopUW+ is the tool employees at all University of Wisconsin institutions use to place orders, submit purchase requisitions or submit requests for payments. Some will use the system on rare occasions, others use it to perform their daily work. Learn more>>>