Customer Support Notice
We expect to have a large volume of calls and emails with the roll-out of ShopUW+. We ask you for your patience in getting a response. Thank you for your support as we work through the launch of our brand-new purchasing and payable platform.
What to Know Before You Begin
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
What’s my role?
Before you begin working in ShopUW+ confirm your role:
- Log in to ShopUW+
- Click the Profile icon
- Click on User Roles and Access and Assigned Roles to see your role
If you have questions about why you have been assigned your role, please email your Campus Contact. Your training will show how your role interacts with the other roles described below.
- Fill carts for catalog vendors and assign to a Requester
- Initiate a requisition for a traditional PO and assign to a Requester
- Shopper security role automatically assigned to every UW Employee
- Do not need to enter a funding string, but they can attach documents and comments
- Cannot initiate Direct Payments (DPs), Payments to Individuals (PIRs), Refund of Receipts (RORs)
- Perform all of the functions of the Shopper
- Review and submit requisitions and transactions
- Create and submit Direct Payments (DPs), Payments to Individuals (PIRs), Refund of Receipts (RoRs) Verify and finalize accounting and shipping information
- Attach necessary documentation
- Add comments if needed
- Cannot approve their own requisitions or payment requests
- Review requisitions, transactions, and payment requests, returning, rejecting, forwarding, adding comments, and approving as appropriate
- If an approver is assigned to more than one level, one approver will clear all approval levels to which they are assigned
- If there is not an approver different from the requester in the workflow, the request will get stuck and must be cleared by an administrator
Do I have to take training before using ShopUW+?
Training is not required. However, completing all of your assigned training courses in order is going to help you understand the platform and help you work confidently in the quickest way possible.
You will learn how to complete common workflows and get answers to your questions as you work through the modules. AND–you will continue to have access to the modules and Quick Reference Guide (Available April 12 in Canvas) for future reference.
I’m ready! Where do I start?
Great! After you review the resources and complete your training, you will be ready for ShopUW+ on April 16. Get started now.
ShopUW+, UW System’s new cloud-based purchasing and payables platform, was launched on April 16. The system will provide benefits for everyone who work in the UW System. ShopUW+ replaces Shop@UW and individual campus systems and will make it easier to place and track orders, and reduce …
With the launch of ShopUW+ keep these processes in mind if you handle payment for Airgas Cylinder rentals.
The ShopUW+ AP Quick Reference Guide and is now available as a supplement to the ShopUW+ Quick Reference Guide to explain the Direct Payment, Payment to Individual, Refund of Receipts, Check Action Form, and Approving …
The transition to ShopUW+ is almost complete, and Shop@UW is no longer active for purchases. ShopUW+ goes live on Friday, April 16. This ShopUW+Essentials website is your new hub for resources, training, customer support and …
As a complement to the ShopUW+ training videos, the Quick Reference Guide provides step-by-step instructions to complete more than 50 processes. With clickable menu items and internal linking for related processes, the Quick Reference Guide …
- More News items
Assistance using ShopUW+
We are currently working to resolve accessibility barriers in ShopUW+. To learn about the accessibility and usability of ShopUW+, go to ShopUW+ – Accessibility and Usability Information KB.
If you need accessibility assistance, want to report an accessibility barrier, or if you are having difficulty using ShopUW+ or any of the training materials, email email@example.com