Role Assignments and Permissions
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Where can I see my role in ShopUW+?
To see your assigned role:
- Log in to ShopUW+
- Click the Profile icon
- Click on User Roles and Access > Assigned Roles
- Your assigned role will be Shopper, Requester, or Approver
What if my role needs to be changed?
The SFS Security Request Form is not required for changes to Approver levels. For changes to Approver levels 1, 2, 3, your Campus Contact can assist you.
Why have I been assigned my role (Shopper, Requester, Approver)?
If you have questions about why you have been assigned your role, please email your Campus Contact. Your training will show how your role interacts with the other roles described below.
- Fill carts for catalog vendors and assign to a Requester
- Initiate a requisition for a traditional PO and assign to a Requester
- Shopper security role automatically assigned to every UW Employee
- Do not need to enter a funding string, but they can attach documents and comments
- Cannot initiate Direct Payments (DPs), Payments to Individuals (PIRs), Refund of Receipts (RORs)
- Perform all of the functions of the Shopper
- Review and submit requisitions and transactions
- Create and submit Direct Payments (DPs), Payments to Individuals (PIRs), Refund of Receipts (RoRs) Verify and finalize accounting and shipping information
- Attach necessary documentation
- Add comments if needed
- Cannot approve their own requisitions or payment requests
- Review requisitions, transactions, and payment requests, returning, rejecting, forwarding, adding comments, and approving as appropriate
- If there is not an approver different from the requester in the workflow, the request will get stuck and must be cleared by an administrator